The terms and conditions of this contract are not intended to infringe upon the statutory rights given to the customer of the Company. The following specific terms relate to the Customer and Company whereby the Company pursues its business as installers of purpose made windows, doors and other related building products.
1. These conditions, together with a signed order constitute a complete record of the terms for the supply and installation of the Company’s products. No variation of these terms nor cancellation of the Contract shall be considered unless a written request is received at Unit 7 & 8, Riverside, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Rochester, ME2 4DP within fourteen days of the signed Contract.
a. If a written quotation has been sent to the client and then accepted at a later stage, the customer has no right to cancel.
b. If the work is agreed in the customers home but the customer wishes the work to start before the end of the cancellation period the customer can sign to request the work starts immediately. In this scenario the client will be liable to pay for the works already carried out. In this event that a Director of the Company agrees to a cancellation, a charge will be made commensurate to the costs incurred by the Company at the time of cancellation.
c. Bespoke products ‘made to measure’ or ‘customer own specification’ products are non cancellable orders.
d. When purchasing via a Home Improvement loan you can withdraw from the loan agreement within 14 days (This does not cancel your purchase)
Any variation to these terms and conditions are expressly excluded, unless in writing and signed by a Director of the Company. Any alterations to the order, window designs or quantities of materials must be set out on one of the Company’s sales variation form and signed by the Customer.
2. The Company reserves the right to cancel the Contract at any time by serving due notice on the Customer and the liability of the Company in these circumstances is limited to a refund of any payments made by the Customer in connection with the contract. The Company also reserves the right to alter or upgrade the product at any time. Any revision (or cost changes) should be agreed by the customer in writing and the client may cancel the contact if the specification or cost changes significantly.
3. The Company will use every endeavour to comply with or improve any requested delivery date but any proposed delivery and/or completion date shall not be a term of the contract. All work will be undertaken within a reasonable time frame. Delivery dates quoted are always approximate and presume that our Company’s surveyor can obtain access to survey reasonably soon after the order has been placed. Late deposits or stage payments could result in deferment of quoted delivery dates.
4. It is the Company’s intention that the goods will be supplied in accordance with the contract and specifications. Where however, there is a dispute the customer will agree that an independent arbitrator be used and that his decision is binding. This does not prevent you seeking redress in the civil courts.
5. The customer shall permit the Company’s workmen or agents to have access to his premises at any reasonable time to enable the work specified to be carried out and completed. The Company reserves the right to enforce payment of the Contract balance if an installation date has not been both agreed and the installation started within a period of 21 days of a request by the Company for such appointment.
6. The Customer agrees and accepts that there shall be a certain amount of debris and disruption during the installation. However, the Company will endeavour to limit this to a minimum.
6a.The Company will undertake to remove from the Customer’s premises, any windows or materials remaining as a result of replacement by the Company’s products unless specified on the contract. No undertaking can be given that the Customers existing doors, windows and/or frames or paving slabs / brick work can be removed as to be fit for re-use or any other purpose.
6b. The site staff are not authorised to carry out any additional work other than that agreed on the contract. If the customer wishes to have further work done, they may explain to the site staff the requirements of the additional work and then they will seek approval from the Company for a variation to the contract.
7. Whilst the Company will endeavour to ensure that the quality of all building material supplied is first class, double glazed glass units, brick work, block work, plaster board, rendering & patio slabs etc, it cannot accept liability for defects of imperfection arising from the manufacturing process.
8. When installing windows & doors:- The Company will not guarantee that condensation, if any, can be eliminated or reduced by the installation of its products. Double glazing is designed primarily to reduce heat loss which occurs through single glazing. The fitting of double glazing products will not eliminate condensation. This is dependent upon the environment within the dwelling.
9. The client accepts that base works including plastering, a screed floor or concrete oversight base will always need a drying out period.
10. Payment Terms
10a. CASH SALES a minimum of 10% of the contract price must be paid before a works order can be issued or any part of the manufacturing process takes place. The balance (subject to 17) of the account to be paid at the time of building when the contract is substantially completed – the balance may not be withheld as a result of minor deficiencies (see 10d).
10b. HOME IMPROVEMENT LOAN where the products are being purchased via a Home Improvement Loan (arranged by the Company with a Finance House) a minimum of 10% deposit must be paid in full at least 14 days before any works order can be issued or any part of the manufacturing process takes place and the completed Finance documents to be handed to the installers. Extra Windows Ltd retains ownership of the goods until paid in full and cheques / payments have been cleared.
10c. Payment in whole or in part may not be withheld as a result of minor deficiencies e.g. a broken glass panel, minor PVC scratches, scratched frame furniture, cracked patio slab, chipped brick work, or any minor finishing work, or defective items will be changed over, usually within 14 days. Where a complete window, door, patio door or small area of brick work / render is to be finished or has not been delivered a pro-rata amount may be retained until final delivery and fitting. If the customer for whatever reason delays the supply or installation beyond the agreed date, the balance is due immediately.
10d. Payment is required upon satisfactory completion, if unpaid after 30 days then interest of 8% over bank rate applies to business debts and 2% for consumer debts.
11. Guarantee of Goods Supplied.
A written guarantee is supplied on completion of the contract, however any deposit paid to the Company is guaranteed immediately. The company guarantee covers the following:
a. All frames for windows and doors are covered for 15 years.
b. Any glass & hardware as per manufacturer’s warranty for 15 years (handles, hinges etc)
c. Any building materials for a period of 15 years (Brick work, block work, patio slabs etc)
d. The warranty is expressly for defects in the goods supplied and does not cover damage however caused.
e. The warranty is invalidated if any work is carried out by any other person or contractor other than agreed by the supplying company in writing.
f. Any claim on the warranty must be in writing quoting the contract number. No liability will be accepted by the Company for any damages/loss to materials once delivered to either the client’s premises or to the delivery address or site requested by the client. Full settlement falls due on delivery or collection of the specified goods.
G. When purchasing an Extra Windows extended warranty this must be made clear overleaf in writing at point of sale. Ask for details.
12. The Company will make good any damage caused in the course of installation to plaster, floor and rendering of brickwork immediately surrounding any window or door installed, but does not undertake to provide matching ceramics or other tiles, specialised finishes such as Tyrolean or Pebble Dash or to avoid damage to surrounding wallpaper or paintwork. Replacement frames will not cover the area uncovered by secondary glazing when installing windows and the Company will not be responsible for damage caused or left visible from the removal of such frames.
13. The Company accepts no responsibility for any damage resulting from structural or other defects in the property at which installation is carried out. The technical survey undertaken by the company is for frame / base sizes only and not a full structural survey. Any complaint must be made in writing to reach the Company within a reasonable time period.
14. The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the supply, fitting & building of the products complies with every applicable statute order in Council, regulation or direction of Government, Local or other Authority, and in particular that he has lawfully obtained every necessary licence permit of authority, building regulation, local trusts, any archaeological interest, or planning permission required in connection therewith the Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any claims which may be made against the Company arising out of the failure to obtain such licences approvals or consents and shall pay any fees or fines resulting from any application to obtain such licences approvals or consents or failure to make any application. When Extra Windows Ltd decide to undertake this type of work it will be made clear on the contract overleaf.
15. The Company will indicate the prevailing rate of VAT on the order. If Government instituted changes occur it is the rate prevailing at the date of invoice which will be charged.
16. The Customer agrees to maintain, clean and service their products at all times, failure to do so will invalidate any warranties.
17. In some cases the Customer will be required to pay a stage payment. This is payable prior to any other installing work being carried out.
18. Extra Windows Limited is registered and incorporated under the Companies Act 1985 in both England and Wales under number:-5808378
Extra Windows Limited registered office is at: – Unit 7 & 8 Riverside, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Rochester, ME2 4DP.
Extra Windows Ltd VAT No: – GB 151554327
(Written notice where required shall be given by the purchaser to Extra Windows Ltd Head Office address shown overleaf).
Extra Windows are authorised & regulated by the financial conduct authority